Monday, April 14, 2014

Night of Hope

Each year my mom volunteers for an event held locally called The Night of Hope. This event is a gala evening, with guest speakers, live auction and silent auction - all proceeds going to research for a cure for Breast Cancer. My mom lost her youngest sister to breast cancer, so the event has much meaning and hope for our family. This year, I decided to make a toddler size quilt with matching doll quilt to donate to the event. 


This particular log cabin block was a first for me -  and right up my alley. I love the repetitive sew, iron, trim, sew, iron, trim vibe that you get into. I find it very relaxing and satisfying. It was also a nice change to not have to think about seam matching - a nice switch from the usual.





I am very pleased to report that these quilts sold in the silent auction and are now happily in their new home. Hopefully being snuggled by a little and her dolly.

Matching doll quilt 18 x 20

I am enjoying the sunshine here in BC. Hope you all are having a fabulous start to your week!


~Lisa

11 comments:

  1. They turned out absolutely adorable! I am so glad that it went for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so sweet! I am glad it was sold for such a great cause!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for sunshine in B.C.!!!! If I had attended the auction I would have wanted to be the highest bidder! I love the colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty and restful quilts, Lisa. Love the pretty colours and design. How lovely that they are giving a child delight as the she and her dolly snuggle under them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts turned out so beautiful Lisa. Love the colors and the design. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful matching quilts and for such a good cause too. You chose pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome!! Gorgeous quilts and for a great cause. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful. Log cabin? I don't remember seeing this version before. What is it called?

    ReplyDelete