Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Lucky Stars Block

I am still totally digging the paper piecing (good thing too cause we have 11 more to go in our BOM!!!). This star was my next paper piecing endeavour after the practice one that I made into a mini.




This colourful star above is the colour pallet that I will be going with for the rest of the stars, although it was just luck that the design of the first block allowed for me to use all my colours. For future stars, I plan to use any combination of the above, plus other 'text' fabric that I have coming from Lucky Kaeru Fabric and Supplies on Etsy. She has a great selection of text fabric in the black and white that I was going for.


Looking forward to February's pattern! Linking up with WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network and with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

~Lisa

19 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous. What a great quilt this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty epic block. I love the use of shades of colour (is that the right technical term...? :-/) Your quilt is going to be so striking.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color scheme is BOM!!! Ha I crack myself up... Anyhow - seriously - I am digging the greens and blues you chose, and the solid vs pattern. Very nice. Looking forward to the stars aligning... (I did it again, didn't I?) Happy sewing Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Be sure to post and link the finish too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, this is going to be great. I'm also doing this BOM. Found you at the WIP linky. Great work! janelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great, I love everything about it! The text fabrics, the solids, the paper piecing, the colors. Excellent. I perhaps need to go find this BOM and sign up... =) Can't wait to see next month's block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh....this is going to be amazing, so vibrant! You had me with the text fabric! I am in the midst of writing text onto fabric! Paperpiecing is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your use of the text fabric turned out so perfectly!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so very cool. Love the fabrics and the colors. Stopping by from WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your use of solids. Very striking block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - very striking! I like it ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving your block. great job of colours. This will be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your star block is beautiful! I love paper piecing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your star block! It's a great project isn't it? I can't wait for February's block to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That star is very striking - isn't paper-piecing great?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you've done for the January block!!

    ReplyDelete